Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice

Today is the first day of summer AND the longest day of the year.
In honor of the day, I made chocolate chip cookies!



A tip for my not-so-kitchen-friendly friends:
Look on the labels of items - there are lots of delicious recipes to be made!
I used the recipe on a bag of chocolate chips to make these mamas, and I am pleased to say they are perfect.


After a year of living in this apartment, David (my boo) and I have just recently figured out that our oven's dial is 100 degrees off. After many burnt items, I am so happy to finally have a baked good that is perfectly golden brown.






Solstice is a combination of the latin words for sun and to stand still.
So, while the sun is standing still in the sky today, go outside and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment